One single connecting rod is where it all began for Hot Rods and now, with almost two decades of experience, continuously improved designs and an ever expanding line of applications; Hot Rods has continued to be, not only ?The Original? aftermarket replacement rod, but the best aftermarket replacement rod.
All of our rods are created from 8620 case hardened steel. But, in addition to that, our rods also undergo a special forging process which helps to improve grain flow as well as dimensional consistency ? and that means a rod of uncompromising strength.
To improve fatigue durability, all Hot Rods rods are shot peened. This process, utilizing a stainless steel shot, helps to remove stress risers and creates smoothly blended radiuses. In the end, a Hot Rods connecting rod is one of the most durable rods that enthusiasts and engine builders can buy.
However, a rod is only as good as its supporting parts and that?s why a Hot Rods kit features only the most advanced and durable bearings. Case hardened and silver coated, the bearings are just as tough and reliable as the rods.
Even Hot Rods crank pins are subjected to the same rigorous standards as the rods and bearings. Each crank pin is created from hot-rolled ASTM 4115 steel and case-hardened to a level of 58?62 Rc
* Double-honed bearing surfaces to provide a reliable, high RPM rod
* Double-drilled small ends for increased wrist pin lubrication
* Bronze bushings in the small end of all four-stroke rods to maximize durability under high-loads and prevent galling
* Specially designed vent slots in the large end of all two-stroke rods for improved lubrication
* Side scalloping on large end to minimize high RPM rod distortion
Conrod Kit Hot Rods Yamaha YZ450F 10-17 YZ450FX 16-18 WR450F 16-19
Price Match Guarantee
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.